Monday, October 20, 2008

175th Day in the NICU

(Mom)

Went shopping at Walmart, Target & Babies R Us to find some things for da lil man: wrist rattles, baby mirror, Halloween socks to go with his too cute crochetted pumpkin hat & "Baby's first Halloween" onesie & a jingly frog like critter. Pam & I are going to really start working on his development.

I also finally have the RainForest diaper caddy. Ok, fine, yes it is more for me because I think the entire line is adorable. Last night Dad brought Drayke's mobile to the hospital and gee does that boy LOVE it! He was awake for three hours watching it.

Found out this morning why lil man has been out of sorts the last few days. His nurse Pam thought he was looking kinda grey yesterday morning and ordered a blood & urine culture done. Sure as hell he is showing a minor infection AND a urinary tract infection. They started him on his antibiotics this afternoon & should be feeling really good soon. I read a chapter from "The Secret" out loud to Drayke yesterday. Get him started young with positive thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was away during the weekend and am beyond thrilled to return to this fantastic news! Drayke is such a strong young man. I am so happy for you and your family!

Erin