Monday, October 6, 2008

161st Day in the NICU

Today was about the same as yesterday except for the fact that Dr Prince said to us that Drayke is the one doing all the work and pretty much healing himself and that all he (Dr Prince) is doing is taking notes and changing his meds. He did say that when he talked to Dr Moore that Dr Moore was pleasantly surprised that his echo was as good as it was.

Earlier in the day Dr Prince came by to check on him and his Oxygen Saturation was at 100%. During the rounds he mentioned that tomorrow morning they will get another X-ray to see how his pressures are holding up so that they can decrease his PEEP (Pressures).
One thing we have noticed with him is that he is constantly stuffed up so when they suction him out he has tons of crud in his nose. He has some down his breathing tube but most of it is in his nose.

Tonight his length measured at 20 inches, so who knows exactly how long he is. Also, he weighed in at 9 pounds 4 ounces. Big growing boy!

One thing I failed to mention yesterday is that Dr Prince wants to try to bypass the trach altogether if we can and try to get him down to CPAP or Nasal Cannula. Less surgeries the better. There is a high possibility we will not have to have a lung transplant but that is yet to be seen.

Another thing I forgot to mention was when my little ones came in to say their goodbye's on 9/26 my middle child saw her brother and then came out of the room and said defiantly to the nurse "Drayke is not going to die".

Another thing to note. When I say stat's I am talking about all his numbers together which would qualify as statistics. If I am talking just about his oxygen saturation I will say sat. If you are posting as Annomyous please sign your name so that we know who you are so that we can comment to you directly. It is extremely hard to reply to a comment if we do not know who you are.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!!!! Go Drayke!!!
I have posted the link to your blog in my lj...have to keep the good wishes and prayers flowing!!!
(my lj name is arnlaug)Friend me if you like...I have pics of my little one and lots from his NICU experience...
Many hugs to you guys and keep each other supported!!
Crowhilda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear Drayke's doing so well. We're keeping up the prayers and good thoughts so he won't have to go through a transplant! This is fantastic!!!

Michelle, Brian & David

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I was away for a few days and came back to this outstanding news! Oh, this is just so wonderful. I'm grinning ear to ear!

Drayke, I'm giving you a standing ovation! You are such a strong kiddo! Keep it up!

Thanks SO much for the update!

Erin