Tuesday, November 4, 2008

190th Day in the NICU part 3

Little man is not doing very well. The last four days he has not been holding his oxygen saturation well at all. He has been dropping all the way to the teens sometimes and taking a while to come back up.

The echo done today is showing his heart is worse. It appears he is going into cardiac failure. We finally get his lungs doing good and his heart is starting to give out.

The doctors are putting him in a paralytic state/induced como to get his body to relax and let some of the meds do their work. He is back on the Milrinone, LOTS of morphine and Ativan. His feeds were suspended again for the next couple of days.

Everyone is at a loss as to what has suddenly gone so wrong. Dr P is very unhappy at this turn of events. Dr M from Cardiolgy & Dr C are all just stumped.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending up lots of extra prayers for Drayke tonight.

Please know that my entire family is thinking of you and your sweet little man.

Erin

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

I am so sorry to be reading this. I remember ya'll from Centennial and have been keeping up with Drayke for the last month or so. We will definitely bepraying for Drayke- and you as I can only imagine how difficult this is. Please, if you need anything, let us know.

Anonymous said...

I hope they're able to figure out whatever's wrong and get it fixed quickly. Drayke was doing so well, it's hard to believe he could have taken such a downturn!

Drayke's such a fighter, I have to believe he's going to be fine! We'll be praying extra hard for Drayke and all of you.

Michelle, Brian & David

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. :( As always, you guys are in my thoughts!

-inkprincess from LJ

Anonymous said...

I randomly ran across this blog a few months ago and have been checking back daily, pulling for your family. Pulling especially hard for you all today. Best, best wishes.

thethinwhtduke said...

my prayers are with you all at this rough time.