Wednesday, August 27, 2008

121st Day in the NICU

Today they were able to wean his O2 down to 86% before I got to hold him today. Of course during and after he was at 100% O2 but that is to be expected. He now has his GI (Feeding) tube put through his nose and into his throat. Here is Drayke contemplating on taking over the world.

Someone sent us a blessing that I would like to share:

Come, you blessed guardians of the young and the infirm, come andcherish this infant in your loving arms. Shield him from all shadows,great spirits and deities, with the pure luminosity of your sustaininglight. Guard and protect the fragile life of young master Drayke as hebattles bravely and with strong determination worthy of any dragon soulto maintain and secure his grasp on life. We ask this in the name ofthe one from which we all are come. As it is our will, so be it yours. By the name and power of the One, so may it be.

I read this is cried because this is from someone I have never met or even spoken to. We are going to print this out, frame it and put it near his beside next to all the prayer cards and get well cards that he has gotten.

1 comment:

~Kelly said...

Hello..this is Kelly from Florida. I'm not in FL anymore, I moved to PA last year. I hope it's OK that I post a comment here. I don't care what has happened with all the stuff in the past, I have always liked you guys, and was sad to see things turn out the way did. I heard about you guys on the PP message board today. First...congrats on the birth of this little guy, and I am so sorry for all that is happening! My heart is breaking for all you are going through. Drayke is an adorable little man, and I will be lighting candles, and sending all the energy out that I can for him, and all you guys to be strong and pull through this. I had another baby in April this year too, so what your Little one is going through tugs at my heart strings even more.

May Drayke, and your entire family be blessed with strength, healing, and love!

All my best,
~Kelly