Friday, September 26, 2008

151st Day in the NICU

Drayke is not handling the transport to Vanderbilt very well. He was transferred Wednesday and has been going thru many spells of de-saturating his oxygen levels. It keeps going anywhere from 17 to the high 90s so we dont know if there has been any brain damage yet. Dr W did say if he consistantly stays in the 40s then there will be damage. Thank the gods for small miracles of not staying low for too long.

This morning when I called the nurse told me he had a very rough night and is now on a morphine drip along with clear fluids. His feedings have been suspended due to the bagging they need to do when his sats get so far down. They do not want to risk him aspirating formula into his lungs. He is also still getting Versed and Ativan to help keep him sedated and calm to not overwork his very enlarged heart as well as other assorted meds for his pulmonary hypertension.

I am still amazed that he is now 9 pounds 14 ounces as of last night.

Please pray for my little dragon. I dont know how much longer he is going to be with us.


7 comments:

Susie said...

You are all in my thoughts.
What a strong little boy you have.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. He's such a strong little man, and been able to smile through all of this.

EveryoneLovesErin said...

You have a beautiful little boy. My prayers are with you.

Unknown said...

You have no idea who I am,but someone left this address on another site.

I will pray for you, your family, and Drake every chance I get. He is a beautiful little boy. He seems to be very strong and I pray he will make a full recovery.

My the Lord be with you and bless this child back to health.

Anonymous said...

Please know that you, your family and your beautiful little man are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to all of you.

Poppet said...

Hey there~

Prayers for your little boy! I did not see an email on your site, but I did want to tell you that I would be happy to blog about your little boy to raise awareness and prayers...and hopefully some donations.

If you are intrested feel free ton give me a few paragraphs from little Drayke's birth till now. and I will post all of the info.

Regardless, your baby is in my prayers and I have sent a donation via PP.

Peace and good~

Moon
Thehobbitsmoon@Yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Morphine...isn't this what they tried to give him at that other hospital...Centennial? I didn't think you wanted him to have that? Is it okay? Praying for you and your family.