Thursday, April 23, 2009

A wonderful gift

While I was sewing today, dad dropped a small package off on the table. I had no clue, he thought it was something from Ebay.

It was a beautiful card and two pendants one of the readers of this blog, sent to both of us in rememberance of Drayke's first birthday which is coming up on Tuesday. I just broke down. The thought was so touching and wonderful, I was overwhelmed as was dad. We held onto each other as we cried at the beauty of the gifts. 2 hearts in pure silver, each bearing Drayke's name and date of birth. On mine are 3 crystals representing his birthstone, diamond, and the 3 of us together. Just incredible. I have them safe in Drayke's urn until I put them on chains. I dont know why but that just felt right.




I want to thank you Lora. Yes, they will be worn and loved. Iam speechless at your caring. Hugs to you & yours.

4 comments:

inkprincess said...

Gorgeous! I have been thinking of you tons as his bday approaches.

Q said...

That is so sweet. You are in our thoughts and prayers as his birthday approaches.

Lora said...

You are welcome. It was an honor to make them for you, and I am so pleased you like them.
-Lora

Anonymous said...

those are so lovely! we've thought of you guys often, as others have, as his birthday comes near.