Tuesday, January 6, 2009

253rd Day in the NICU

Sorry I have been lax on keeping everything updated. I havent even updated my own personal journal.

New Years Eve was spent at the hospital. The charge nurse passed out sparkling grape juice of which Drayke partook (is that even a word?) of. Well, he had a tiny taste on his lip because he was passed out asleep. She also made a sign for him that said "Please help to Get Drayke a Trach Foundation, Please sign below". Dad & I laughed our backsides off and took pics of it. We also said how some doctor is gonna come by and take it down because they have no sense of humor. Sure as anything, the next morning it was gone. The charge nurse is going to make another one for us to keep.

Last night was his once a week weigh in and measure. My little man is not so little any more. 14 pounds 7 ounces and 23.75 inches long.

Dad & I spoke to his new attending last night and she is really wanting to get the trach moving along so she is switching his vent to pressure control rather than volume control. Over the weekend the nitric was dropped from 8 to 5.

So far he is saturating in the 80s for the most part. Occasionally he is popping up to the 90s. After talking with his night nurse we are figuring he is going thru some withdrawls due to the change in his methodone from Q6 to Q8. As of 10pm tonight they have put him back to Q6.

I gave Drayke a bath all by myself. That is no easy feat with everything that his is attached to, but I managed it!

2 comments:

Khrysso Heart LeFey said...

I first read about Drayke back in August through my friend Jay's intercession. You all have been on my mind from time to time, but this has been my first visit back since then.

I am very glad to know that he's doing as well as he is, and my best intentions are always with him and you.

Happy second calendar year, buddy, and strength to your trachea!

Anonymous said...

Yes that is a word, and we're SO happy to hear that Drayke is doing well. Now that we have his new measurements, I can get some stuff sent up to you! :)