Thursday, July 10, 2008

73rd Day in the NICU

Today Dr Karmo stated that he will be pulling Drayke off the Ventilator this weeked if he keeps on the way he is progressing. Drayke gets a bit agitated but his stats do not drop. Mom says that he gets red, has tears in his eyes, and also his hands shake as well. We know this is because of the steriods. So far he weighs 4lbs 15 oz and is 16 1/2 inches long. His vent pressure is at 23/5, O2 is in the 60's and his Breath per minute is 25. Drayke is mostly doing the breathing on his own. He is doing soo good.

Drayke started the "Beat the Baby" therapy. Its where they take a plastic tool and tap on his chest. It is supposed to help Drayke increase his breathing. He also got his first massage therapy sessions as well today and he slept right through it. He has been through so much but I am glad he is getting better. He has another 6 days work of steriods. I have not been able to go see him in a few days due to the fact that I feel sick to my stomach and I do not want him to get what I have. During the 2nd RT treatment he was stat'ing at 100. I so cannot wait to see him and tell him what a good job he is doing.


Look at how chubby he is getting.

No comments: