Monday, June 9, 2008

42nd Day in the NICU

(Mom)

Drayke's stats today were staying in the high 90's which is awesome. His morning was a bit rough. Yesterday he had strictly formula and he was not constipated but a lot firmer than he is used to so they had to bag him because he was trying so hard to push. He also had his eye exam and passed with flying colors as well as having his vent holder changed. Since he has a tube he drools a lot and so it becomes un-stuck within 2-3 days. This was the first time I was there to see them do it and so I finally got to see his mouth for the first time since birth (and that was just a quick flash). He is so much of a little clone of Robert. I think all he got of me is his eye shape.

My pretty son was not very pretty when I took these shots because he was very grumpy. Getting unstuck and jostled around would make anyone cranky. So I will post a pretty happy baby pic (though fuzzy)first.
His eyes are all puffy from the eye drops for his exam earlier and the RT had this stuff all over his face to help the new mask stick better and had his lip pulled towards one side but I am pretty darn sure he has R's mouth.

No comments: