Wednesday, December 24, 2008

240th Day in the NICU

Today little man had a few desaturation episodes and his heart rate dropped but they think it is because of crud in his tube. Mom got to hold him today and she had a great time. They are going to do a blood workup just in case. You never know and better safe than sorry. Mom will be giving our 3rd shift Primary nurse (Kat) her gift tonight. I hope she enjoys it. Im hoping Christmas day that our day shift Primary (Pam) will be there to get her gift. Little man has pooped so many times today it is not even funny.
He also got a $50 gift card to Target from Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Lucky little man. They did not see the little ones but still. Kat also gave him a present last night. Socks that says baby first Christmas and some other items. One of Draykes kinda related grandmas gave him 2 gifts. Unfortunately one was opened because there was no name on it but it is a 9 month old outfit that I hope will fit because it is cute.

All his sisters will get to see him tomorrow so that will be a great Christmas gift to them as well. I have the professional photo now scanned and it is below.

3 comments:

iluveeyore said...

I had no idea that Drayke has sisters! (I thought he was an only child.) How many sisters does he have, how old are they, and how often do they see him?

Who takes care of them when Mommy is in NICU so much?

Drayke's Mom said...

Drayke's father has three daughters, ages 8, 5 & 3. They are taken care of by their mother. They get to see the baby maybe once a month or so. They cant wait to be able to play with him.

Drayke is my first and only child. My tubes were tied while I was on the delivery table because I did not want to risk putting another premature child.

iluveeyore said...

Thank you so much for being so forthright.

I'll bet it was heartbreaking to have your tubes tied, but probably a very wise decision.